This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where is my money...?
04-08-2014, 04:05 AM
Where is my money...?
I purchased something online via paypal, sent the payment, confirmed my payment via email to the seller. Then received an email from the seller telling me that I paid the wrong amount for the product (they have a new site with new updated prices). This actually makes a difference because I paid $115 USD and the real updated price is $58 USD. So I asked him to refund my payment via paypal, he did. I checked my paypal transaction history and It showed the refund and the payment of $115 USD to me with the "completed" notification next to it. BUT, I don't see the refunded money on my paypal balance, and I don't see it in my bank account...so where did the money go?

By the way, this is going on at 3am-5am on a sunday (today obviously). And I used a TD canada trust Visa Debit card to make the payment so it didnt come from my paypal balance it came directly out of my bank balance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:10 AM

make a police report.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:19 AM

Then the seller has not done that refunding part, because I've been using it for years as both seller annd buyer on eBay/PayPal there's always a paper trail on refunds or partial refunds.

Ask PayPal itself, its support center is 7 days but act fast, weekend hours and debit card complicate things.
04-08-2014, 04:21 AM

It can take a few hours. I noticed this was posted not too long after you agreed to the refund. If it is not posted on paypal by Monday at 12:00, contact the seller, then ebay.