Twitist Forums
This question is for an ad agency or marketing company agent."? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: This question is for an ad agency or marketing company agent."? (/thread-127170.html)

This question is for an ad agency or marketing company agent."? - Bud - 04-08-2014 04:28 AM

Most commercials on TV have become louder than ever. Quite often the narrator can hardly be heard over what should be background music. I know the difference between modulation content and loudness. Those commercials max out on both counts. Is it a rule written somewhere in the ad agency bible that all commercials and promos be annoying, repetitive, loud, long and in a lot of instances an insult to us "consumers" intelligence? Then there are the dozens of so-called "infomercials", just another word for a 30 minute commercial. Then some of those infomercials In many cases, are interrupted for commercials for a different product or service. It is not just me drowning in these ads. I find many people use the "mute" button on the remote when it comes to commercials. On the internet we can hardly watch a 15 second video on yahoo without a 15 to 30 second commercial. Then there are the popups and the pages littered with ads. At times I am watching a move I really like but when it gets near the end the commercials get longer. So now I hit the "off" button and do something else. I believe commercials reached a saturation point about a couple of years ago. Now it is just plain ridiculous. Ah back to books. A pleasant respite.

- David - 04-08-2014 04:35 AM

I don't have an answer for you, but I totally agree. I have a commercial muted right now.