Twitist Forums
Why would a taken person be "single" on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Why would a taken person be "single" on Facebook? (/thread-127984.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why would a taken person be "single" on Facebook? - Victory Goth - 04-08-2014 04:42 AM

Obviously, if it's a high schooler, they're probably hiding their boyfriend/girlfriend from their parents. I'm not in high school so I don't care about that. I'm talking about college-age people and older? Why would someone who's already in a relationship still have their status as "single" on Facebook?

- Gordon Freeman - 04-08-2014 04:50 AM

Because they don't give a rat's behonkus what their Facebook says about them. It's like people putting ridiculous birthdates and names. I didn't care and men got a kick out of saying that they were females and interested in men and vice versa. No one cares is the answer. Many people I know don't even use that site anymore so they never change anything on it. It's not worth the seconds they would waste.

- What - 04-08-2014 04:58 AM

They probably just forgot to update their relationship status or they don't want to tell others about their relationship.

- Jeremy - 04-08-2014 05:07 AM

Idk but it's not right and I wouldn't be with someone who wouldn't even want people to know that I was dating that girl

- Ⓢ•ⒿⒶⓎ - 04-08-2014 05:14 AM

Because they don't rally care enough about facebook stuff to bother to change anything. My boyfriend and I have been together for over 3 years, living together for 2, have a child on the way, neither of us are unfaithful, and he's still "single" on facebook. Everyone who matters knows that he's in a relationship and every girl who tries to "talk" to him on facebook pretty much gets ignored.

- ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC - 04-08-2014 05:24 AM

No idea, let them be.

- David - 04-08-2014 05:33 AM

Maybe they aren't official...and if they are official, then I think they're a few possible options:
-They forgot to update it
-They aren't too "happy" with that person and maybe there is someone else (on Facebook) that they like more and they want that person to think they are single.
-The person just doesn't use Facebook too often, and therefore can care less.

- Vic Rattlehead - 04-08-2014 05:39 AM

Because they'll get more ads from other single people.

- roundpopcorn816 - 04-08-2014 05:43 AM

they might have judgmental cousins or relatives on facebook....brown problems

- Jenny - 04-08-2014 05:49 AM

Because they still feel single, or have not changed their status.