This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why would a taken person be "single" on Facebook?
04-08-2014, 04:42 AM
Why would a taken person be "single" on Facebook?
Obviously, if it's a high schooler, they're probably hiding their boyfriend/girlfriend from their parents. I'm not in high school so I don't care about that. I'm talking about college-age people and older? Why would someone who's already in a relationship still have their status as "single" on Facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:50 AM

Because they don't give a rat's behonkus what their Facebook says about them. It's like people putting ridiculous birthdates and names. I didn't care and men got a kick out of saying that they were females and interested in men and vice versa. No one cares is the answer. Many people I know don't even use that site anymore so they never change anything on it. It's not worth the seconds they would waste.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:58 AM

They probably just forgot to update their relationship status or they don&#x27;t want to tell others about their relationship.
04-08-2014, 05:07 AM

Idk but it's not right and I wouldn't be with someone who wouldn't even want people to know that I was dating that girl
04-08-2014, 05:14 AM

Because they don't rally care enough about facebook stuff to bother to change anything. My boyfriend and I have been together for over 3 years, living together for 2, have a child on the way, neither of us are unfaithful, and he's still "single" on facebook. Everyone who matters knows that he's in a relationship and every girl who tries to "talk" to him on facebook pretty much gets ignored.
04-08-2014, 05:24 AM

No idea, let them be.
04-08-2014, 05:33 AM

Maybe they aren't official...and if they are official, then I think they're a few possible options:
-They forgot to update it
-They aren't too "happy" with that person and maybe there is someone else (on Facebook) that they like more and they want that person to think they are single.
-The person just doesn't use Facebook too often, and therefore can care less.
04-08-2014, 05:39 AM

Because they'll get more ads from other single people.
04-08-2014, 05:43 AM

they might have judgmental cousins or relatives on facebook....brown problems
04-08-2014, 05:49 AM

Because they still feel single, or have not changed their status.