Twitist Forums
ebay removal of listing? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: ebay removal of listing? (/thread-129471.html)

ebay removal of listing? - ALex Roberts - 04-08-2014 06:28 PM

hello,

Just wondering about something...I sell items on ebay for a little extra cash.A few months ago I got an Izod Hat at a goodwill and put it on ebay. it had no inner tag and just the small alligator on the front. I go to sell on ebay and it was removed. I have always sold legit items on ebay but I feel I have done something wrong here. My mind plays tricks on me...can I go to jail if ebay or izod pursues this (I have since donated the hat back to goodwill) and finds that based on the pics it was a fake item.I am law-abiding citizen with no criminal record. What is the worst-case that can happen ? Again , it was months ago. I am general a worrier anyway, but can't seem to stop thinking about this one. Thanks for your input !

- Jared - 04-08-2014 06:30 PM

No there is someone who goes through a list of reported counterfeit items and says "yup looks fake" and deletes it and moves on to delete countless other ones.

- Roddy - 04-08-2014 06:39 PM

If you have heard nothing in months then you probably have nothing to worry about. Most VERO owners will send a cease and desist letter if they are going to do anything at all and that will usually happen within the first thirty days. Selling a single fake item usually won't cause you problems beyond having your listing taken down.