Twitist Forums
Fashion Blogging advice.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: SEO Search Engine Optimization (/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Fashion Blogging advice.? (/thread-130440.html)

Fashion Blogging advice.? - Searchforgreatness - 04-08-2014 06:45 PM

I've always wanted to make a fashion blog but never got the time to do so. Now that I have some time on my hands I was wondering how I could get started because I dont have the slightest clue. Like what website is the best for a fashion/style related blog,which website allows you to earn money with ads (if I'm looking for a little extra cash),how you build a fan base,what most people like to read etc.

- Jake - 04-08-2014 06:52 PM

Google's Blogger.com is a popular blog platform that has not paid upgrades, like many of the other 'free' hosts have, they also don't take a percentage of Adwords advertising and seems tolerant of other advertising on their sites. It is a bit simpler than the industry standard blog platform Wordpress.

A custom domain name costing about $12/yr makes you look more professional and allows you to relocate the site to a different host without losing the identity.

Try searching, site:blogspot.com intitle:fashion, to get a feel for the style of their platform.

You probably have to rely on SEO and a lot of time spent on forums and social sites to get the word out about your site while generating some backlinks as well.