This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fashion Blogging advice.?
04-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Fashion Blogging advice.?
I've always wanted to make a fashion blog but never got the time to do so. Now that I have some time on my hands I was wondering how I could get started because I dont have the slightest clue. Like what website is the best for a fashion/style related blog,which website allows you to earn money with ads (if I'm looking for a little extra cash),how you build a fan base,what most people like to read etc.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:52 PM

Google's Blogger.com is a popular blog platform that has not paid upgrades, like many of the other 'free' hosts have, they also don't take a percentage of Adwords advertising and seems tolerant of other advertising on their sites. It is a bit simpler than the industry standard blog platform Wordpress.

A custom domain name costing about $12/yr makes you look more professional and allows you to relocate the site to a different host without losing the identity.

Try searching, site:blogspot.com intitle:fashion, to get a feel for the style of their platform.

You probably have to rely on SEO and a lot of time spent on forums and social sites to get the word out about your site while generating some backlinks as well.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply