Twitist Forums
Recently, when I turn on my computer, my entire internet goes out. What should I do? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Recently, when I turn on my computer, my entire internet goes out. What should I do? (/thread-130591.html)

Recently, when I turn on my computer, my entire internet goes out. What should I do? - Damon - 04-08-2014 06:47 PM

For the last couple of months I haven't got on my computer much, but when I do, I've noticed the connection has been terrible. The internet would connect, then disconnect for 2 or 3 minutes, then come back on for about a minute, and repeat. Also, this is the only wired connection I have to our internet. Anyways, it would only be on the computer that the internet would be bad. All of my wireless thing a such as phone and Xbox work perfectly fine. But recently I have needed to get on my computer and of course can't connect to the internet, so I try resetting the internet and it does nothing. And up until this point I have never tried using my wireless things while I was on my computer, but yesterday I did try and it turns out that when I turn on my computer it completely screws my internet up. And as soon as I turn it off, the internet goes back to normal. I took my computer to my friends house today and tried his internet and my computer worked fine as well as his wifi with other items.

- tumbleweed_biff - 04-08-2014 06:51 PM

Given what you describe, there is a physical problem with the ethernet connection. One of the next 3 steps should fix this:

1) Connect the cable to another port of the router.
2) Replace the ethernet cable.
3) Disable the built-in ethernet port on the computer and instal a new ethernet card.