This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recently, when I turn on my computer, my entire internet goes out. What should I do?
04-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Recently, when I turn on my computer, my entire internet goes out. What should I do?
For the last couple of months I haven't got on my computer much, but when I do, I've noticed the connection has been terrible. The internet would connect, then disconnect for 2 or 3 minutes, then come back on for about a minute, and repeat. Also, this is the only wired connection I have to our internet. Anyways, it would only be on the computer that the internet would be bad. All of my wireless thing a such as phone and Xbox work perfectly fine. But recently I have needed to get on my computer and of course can't connect to the internet, so I try resetting the internet and it does nothing. And up until this point I have never tried using my wireless things while I was on my computer, but yesterday I did try and it turns out that when I turn on my computer it completely screws my internet up. And as soon as I turn it off, the internet goes back to normal. I took my computer to my friends house today and tried his internet and my computer worked fine as well as his wifi with other items.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:51 PM

Given what you describe, there is a physical problem with the ethernet connection. One of the next 3 steps should fix this:

1) Connect the cable to another port of the router.
2) Replace the ethernet cable.
3) Disable the built-in ethernet port on the computer and instal a new ethernet card.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply