Twitist Forums
Why do the ads on Facebook have our age associated with advertisements on the right side of the page? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Why do the ads on Facebook have our age associated with advertisements on the right side of the page? (/thread-13411.html)

Why do the ads on Facebook have our age associated with advertisements on the right side of the page? - ShortStop - 10-15-2012 08:43 PM

I know the age associated with the advertisements are different on everyone's page and can only be seen by the owner of their Facebook page, but I never allowed Facebook to add up my age to have it associated with the ads. Another thing is I recently bought some cosmetics off the web and sure enough I'm starting to get an advertisement off to the side from the site I bought my cosmetics from!
Something very fishy is going on.

- Lo - 10-15-2012 08:51 PM

It sounds like you have some kind of adwear.
Try running your anti virus or Ad awear and see what comes up.
http://www.lavasoft.com/

- Michael J - 10-15-2012 08:51 PM

Write your birthdate as 1.1.1901 that should get rid of all ads lol

Fake name, fake name, fake country, fake junk email, fake date of birth, fake gender and NO photographs are mandatory for using the internet these days.
Protect your privacy. Use a proxy server if possible.

- Boy_Blue - 10-15-2012 08:51 PM

I get this too with no ad-ware/spyware etc. (tested with ad-aware, spybot s&d, and also on another PC that is strictly secure linux)

Just a note... Facebook only lets you change your date of birth once then they have to approve future changes. Ask me how I know :-p I'm tired of these damn ads and about to stop with the whole facebook/myspace crap.

- Topi jerami - 10-15-2012 08:51 PM

Theres a 'vote for all' button but it randomly only chooses like 10 ppl to vote for. It never even worked all the time either..........