This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do the ads on Facebook have our age associated with advertisements on the right side of the page?
10-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Why do the ads on Facebook have our age associated with advertisements on the right side of the page?
I know the age associated with the advertisements are different on everyone's page and can only be seen by the owner of their Facebook page, but I never allowed Facebook to add up my age to have it associated with the ads. Another thing is I recently bought some cosmetics off the web and sure enough I'm starting to get an advertisement off to the side from the site I bought my cosmetics from!
Something very fishy is going on.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:51 PM

It sounds like you have some kind of adwear.
Try running your anti virus or Ad awear and see what comes up.
http://www.lavasoft.com/

Ads

Write your birthdate as 1.1.1901 that should get rid of all ads lol

Fake name, fake name, fake country, fake junk email, fake date of birth, fake gender and NO photographs are mandatory for using the internet these days.
Protect your privacy. Use a proxy server if possible.

I get this too with no ad-ware/spyware etc. (tested with ad-aware, spybot s&d, and also on another PC that is strictly secure linux)

Just a note... Facebook only lets you change your date of birth once then they have to approve future changes. Ask me how I know :-p I'm tired of these damn ads and about to stop with the whole facebook/myspace crap.

Theres a 'vote for all' button but it randomly only chooses like 10 ppl to vote for. It never even worked all the time either..........