Twitist Forums
Great, so the entire student government hates me...? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Marketing (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Great, so the entire student government hates me...? (/thread-13939.html)

Great, so the entire student government hates me...? - ҡʏʟɛ - ❄ - 10-15-2012 08:56 PM

We have dance tonight, that the advertisement started to today, and only 14 people bought tickets early bird.

On facebook, on the event wall, all I wrote, was "Looks like SHAC (student house activities council) should have been a little more proactive on the advertisements. Facebook marketing [I was person harassed into going, along with cut and paste ads, on random people's wall]? You thought telemarketing is bad? This is a new low."

Is that so bad? It's my opinion, I am entitled to that. It was deleted by the event admin, so it was up for like 10 minutes, at most. Now my friend is defending me [she's part of SHAC] to the entire SHAC. Ridiculous. Did they take it too personally?
That is exactly what I said. Cut and paste. I don't get it.

- raichasays - 10-15-2012 09:04 PM

If that is all, and exactly, what you said, I don't understand their issue.

Seems that they should be teaching a little more about free speech at your school.

- alion300 - 10-15-2012 09:04 PM

You have the right to free speech but if you're going to criticize the entire student government you might want to learn
about a little thing called diplomacy. It sounded a little blunt and people have the right to get offended by what you say.
I wouldn't have liked it either...

- Iratepickle007 - 10-15-2012 09:04 PM

Aside from the use of more judicious language, ( I don't know any other way to put it ) I can't think of why the student govt. would be offended unless you were telling the truth.

I'm sure a kid with a MAC and forty minutes could do better than a cut-and-paste order, never mind actually taking the time and doing it right..

Ignore them, by next week this whole thing will have passed.