This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Great, so the entire student government hates me...?
10-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Great, so the entire student government hates me...?
We have dance tonight, that the advertisement started to today, and only 14 people bought tickets early bird.

On facebook, on the event wall, all I wrote, was "Looks like SHAC (student house activities council) should have been a little more proactive on the advertisements. Facebook marketing [I was person harassed into going, along with cut and paste ads, on random people's wall]? You thought telemarketing is bad? This is a new low."

Is that so bad? It's my opinion, I am entitled to that. It was deleted by the event admin, so it was up for like 10 minutes, at most. Now my friend is defending me [she's part of SHAC] to the entire SHAC. Ridiculous. Did they take it too personally?
That is exactly what I said. Cut and paste. I don't get it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:04 PM

If that is all, and exactly, what you said, I don't understand their issue.

Seems that they should be teaching a little more about free speech at your school.

Ads

You have the right to free speech but if you're going to criticize the entire student government you might want to learn
about a little thing called diplomacy. It sounded a little blunt and people have the right to get offended by what you say.
I wouldn't have liked it either...

Aside from the use of more judicious language, ( I don't know any other way to put it ) I can't think of why the student govt. would be offended unless you were telling the truth.

I'm sure a kid with a MAC and forty minutes could do better than a cut-and-paste order, never mind actually taking the time and doing it right..

Ignore them, by next week this whole thing will have passed.