Twitist Forums
Should I talk to him on FB? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Should I talk to him on FB? (/thread-144813.html)

Pages: 1 2

Should I talk to him on FB? - ♥ - 04-28-2014 12:18 AM

Well, this is going to sound really bad but last week I got terribly drunk and this guy helped me out and helped my dad take me to the car and even put me in. I'm really appreciative of him doing that and think it was really sweet. He recently accepted my friend request on FB and I want to thank him and stuff but I don't want to come off as weird or anything as we've like never spoken in real life.
Any help would be great, thanks!

- Tom - 04-28-2014 12:20 AM

Just say thanks. Start there. If he keeps talking after that, run with it. Roll the dice.

- Alvin - 04-28-2014 12:21 AM

Just talk to him in person about it and everything should be fine. You shouldn't come out creepy or anything.

- Kavya - 04-28-2014 12:31 AM

You need to really thank him for what he has done to you. This is humanity. It's better if you call him and thank personally.

- T - 04-28-2014 12:36 AM

Facebook is just TOO INAPPROPRIATE to thank someone who helped you out. Call him and thank over the phone or set up a meeting. FB is just very childish.

- Kelsey - 04-28-2014 12:40 AM

maybe you should start off the conversation like hey i just wanted to thank you for helping me out the other night when i wasn't at my best, i really appreciated it. then maybe go from there? this would be a good way to start the conversation since you guys haven't talked before. just to kinda break the ice.

- Lacey - 04-28-2014 12:49 AM

"Hey, maybe it wasnt the best way we met but thanks so much for taking care of me, I really appreciate it. I think I learned my alcohol tolerance that night..."

- Dia - 04-28-2014 12:58 AM

Be like Heyy, thanks for helping me out that night. I was a mess. lol.
Then see where the conversation goes.

- Maira - 04-28-2014 01:06 AM

Do it..
I really dont think you've got much to lose you've already probably come across as a drunk whore.

- Tyler - 04-28-2014 01:16 AM

Yes, say "Thank you for taking care of me the other night, I'm really sorry I acted that way. It's not like myself. I'm embarrassed, but I'm glad I had you around lol! I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there. Again, thank you. I'll see you around" and he'll probably say "Not a problem, glad I could do it" or something and that's how you know you have broken the ice and you're good to go.