This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I talk to him on FB?
04-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Should I talk to him on FB?
Well, this is going to sound really bad but last week I got terribly drunk and this guy helped me out and helped my dad take me to the car and even put me in. I'm really appreciative of him doing that and think it was really sweet. He recently accepted my friend request on FB and I want to thank him and stuff but I don't want to come off as weird or anything as we've like never spoken in real life.
Any help would be great, thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:20 AM

Just say thanks. Start there. If he keeps talking after that, run with it. Roll the dice.

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:21 AM

Just talk to him in person about it and everything should be fine. You shouldn't come out creepy or anything.
04-28-2014, 12:31 AM

You need to really thank him for what he has done to you. This is humanity. It's better if you call him and thank personally.
04-28-2014, 12:36 AM

Facebook is just TOO INAPPROPRIATE to thank someone who helped you out. Call him and thank over the phone or set up a meeting. FB is just very childish.
04-28-2014, 12:40 AM

maybe you should start off the conversation like hey i just wanted to thank you for helping me out the other night when i wasn't at my best, i really appreciated it. then maybe go from there? this would be a good way to start the conversation since you guys haven't talked before. just to kinda break the ice.
04-28-2014, 12:49 AM

"Hey, maybe it wasnt the best way we met but thanks so much for taking care of me, I really appreciate it. I think I learned my alcohol tolerance that night..."
04-28-2014, 12:58 AM

Be like Heyy, thanks for helping me out that night. I was a mess. lol.
Then see where the conversation goes.
04-28-2014, 01:06 AM

Do it..
I really dont think you've got much to lose you've already probably come across as a drunk whore.
04-28-2014, 01:16 AM

Yes, say "Thank you for taking care of me the other night, I'm really sorry I acted that way. It's not like myself. I'm embarrassed, but I'm glad I had you around lol! I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there. Again, thank you. I'll see you around" and he'll probably say "Not a problem, glad I could do it" or something and that's how you know you have broken the ice and you're good to go.