Twitist Forums
Friend put up embarrasing video and pics of me on facebook without me knowing? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Friend put up embarrasing video and pics of me on facebook without me knowing? (/thread-14721.html)

Pages: 1 2

Friend put up embarrasing video and pics of me on facebook without me knowing? - Louise - 10-15-2012 09:11 PM

My "best friend" put up a really embarrasing video of me dancing and loads of ugly photo's of me on facebook and edited the privacy settings on them so I couldn't see them, so i had no idea they were on facebook for everyone to see..i only found out today when i used my other friend's password to log in and i went onto my best friends page and saw them, she's been putting up really embarrasing pics of me for months and i had no idea, and she knows i get really embarrased easily and when she takes pics of me she promises that she deletes them.. I feel really betrayed what should i do?

- b - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

get new friends

- Harvard Han - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

Welcome to the internet.

- Bruce - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

dont be friends with somone like that. a true friend would not try to humiliate someone they cared about. your friend has issues and it would be best to get away

- Angela - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

Beat her a** and don't be her friend anymore. A true friend wouldn't try to humiliate you.

- JJ - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

I'll tell you what I'd do.... Pretend u never found them nd take pics of her nd do the EXACT same thing but worse send the really ugly ones to her crush nd be like to him " look who likes you she wanted me to send them to you "

- Zhi Li - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

Well, first off smarten up.
You have to be a moron to let someone take pictures of you that you don't want made public.
Secondly, find a real best friend. This girl is just playing you for kicks.
Thirdly, tell her parents that unless they have her remove them, you are going to consult a lawyer.
Fourthly, Don't talk to this creep again.
Fifthly, You seem to make poor choices picking friends. If you are really that "needy" to tolerate this kind of abuse, then you should get counseling. Trust is something to be earned over time.

- Libby - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

That's horrible! How dare she! I suppose that's bullying in some forms! She obviously isn't joking around if she has been doing it for months AND changed the privacy settings..She might even be doing it to look 'cool' in front of a few girls she wants to impress or something so she can become maybe more popular? If I was you,I would tell her that you've seen them and you want her to stop because you thought she was your friend and then,if she carries on...I would just simply class it as bullying and move on from her or maybe get someone else involved. However,you COULD be a rebel and post embarrising pictures of her..see if she likes it! Hope this helps in some way! P.S. This has happened to me a couple of times..I know how you feel.. Once my friend put the MOST embarrising picture of me as their profile picture for AGES. And also,my lther friend posted 3 videos of me when I was about 9 singing high pitched random songs. I know how you feel...

- XxBlaqkxX - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

For one, you might want to unfriend her. Since you didn't have any idea, I assume she didn't tag you in those photos and others that knew you recognized you. So if there are no tags, no need to get rid of them before you unfriend her. Also, don't hang around her anymore so she doesn't have pictures of you to use.

However, you could send her a message before you unfriend her saying something like, "I'm not sure what I have done to upset you and I honestly had no idea you were posting embarrassing pics of me until recently. I would appreciate it if you didn't post them anymore." then unfriend her if you feel the circumstances are right. Although, I'm not sure there's much you can do about the photos and video if she isn't willing to take them down unless they would be considered illegal.

NOTE: Make sure that your friend knows that the pics were truly embarrassing, as well as the video. I say this because there are some out there with lower self-esteems, or those who are just introverted and don't like pics or videos of themselves being posted at all so when a picture or video is out there, it's automatically "embarrassing", while others may not see it as embarrassing.

- IT-Pro - 10-15-2012 09:20 PM

Best friends don't embarrass each other. Ditch her/him.
Report the behavior to FB, they will have them removed and probably suspend his/her account