Twitist Forums
"Could not refresh messages" Error on Snapchat? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: "Could not refresh messages" Error on Snapchat? (/thread-152869.html)

"Could not refresh messages" Error on Snapchat? - Claire Buchanan - 05-03-2014 12:41 AM

I've had Snapchat for many months and all day today the app has been saying "Could not refresh messages. Please try again" every time I try and refresh my messages. My phone is connected to the WiFi in my house and other apps that require WiFi are working completely fine. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app again, I've tried restarting my WiFi, I've tried clearing Snapchat's cache and I've I've also tried restarting my phone. Snapchat also works when I turn the WiFi option off and I use my 3G.
Does anyone have any ideas on how this could possibly be solved?

Thanks a lot Smile

- Daniel Runs Fast - 05-03-2014 12:44 AM

Hey Claire, I actually searched Google with this same error and came across your question!! I have no idea what is causing it but I want to let you know I am having the same error as you. It's likely that it is something on Snapchat's side of things. It's really frustrating because my phone notifies me that I have a snap but when I go to view it I cannot and I simply receive the message you mentioned in your question unless I turn on my cellular data. Hopefully they send out a hotfix or something quick to deal with this problem! :/
-Daniel

- Marsha - 05-03-2014 12:54 AM

Same exact thing here. It is on 3 IPads and 2 cells phones in my house on wifi. Snapchat is working fine for our neighbors and friends. Why only under my wifi?????? Frustrating :/

- Kendra - 05-03-2014 01:04 AM

Hey, has your snapchat started working yet? I am experiencing the same problem now Sad

Thanks

- rick c - 05-03-2014 01:19 AM

I too am experiencing this issue. What is also strange is that I can view snaps when I switch from wifi to cell connection, but they don't notify the sender at all. And 3 or 4 hours later I can view them again. I've been able to see my last 3 or 4 snaps I've received at least 5 times now. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it??