Twitist Forums
Restore lost bookmarks in Chrome? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Restore lost bookmarks in Chrome? (/thread-154691.html)

Restore lost bookmarks in Chrome? - Sarah Marie - 05-09-2014 12:30 PM

A few weeks ago, I had to restore my laptop to the original factory settings, Completely wiping the hard drive and starting over with basically a "new" hardrive.

I obviously wanted to save all my bookmarks, so I made sure sync was on in chrome. I assumed that meant it would save all my bookmarks to my google account or something online, so when I reset my computer, all my bookmarks would still be there...

Well I was wrong apparently. When I started up my laptop and downloaded google chrome, I had bookmarks from 3+ years ago, and some were from my mothers laptop!?!?! WTF?!?

Nothing was recent, it was all old bookmarks from years ago that I had deleted since.

So is there any way to restore my bookmarks from a few weeks ago, or am I completely screwed?
Joshua: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! Big Grin

I didn't think to sign into this other google account that I had, but when it did, ALL OF MY BOOK MARKS CAME BACK!!! YAY Big Grin Unfortunately all of my mothers bookmars came back too, but all of mine are back!! YAYAYAYAY!!

- Joshua - 05-09-2014 12:43 PM

You must've used another account because your bookmarks were different, use that one.