Twitist Forums
Internet connection sharing between xp and vista through wireless? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Internet connection sharing between xp and vista through wireless? (/thread-156058.html)

Internet connection sharing between xp and vista through wireless? - tak_np - 05-14-2014 08:37 AM

i have pc running xp pro with wired cable connection... i want to share that internet connection with my vista laptop via wireless adapter. im able to make an ad-hoc connection between the two computers, but i can't get the internet to work on my laptop. since i'm possitive that it can't be done can someone explain step by step how to achive that? thnx

- Anthony C - 05-14-2014 08:41 AM

OK the only thing i would recommend is to get a wireless router. Then it will definitely work. i have a wireless router its Verizon and it is high-speed Internet and its very fast and any amount of computers can go on the Internet as u want. i have a xp and vista and iv been online with both of them so that means if u get one u can. or do u have the phone cord in your phone jack. maybe that's what u have. well if u have that u might want to go to Internet connections on both of them and see What connections u can use to go online. or go to mycomputer and check whats on it. message me for any further questions. thnx!