Twitist Forums
EHarmony Fraud...Can you fight them? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: EHarmony Fraud...Can you fight them? (/thread-158500.html)

EHarmony Fraud...Can you fight them? - Curious Fat Guy - 05-22-2014 05:12 PM

Back in 2012 I signed up and paid for a membership to EHarmony. I chose a short term plan. I turned off the automatic-renewal option immediately and after a few months I decided to close the account. After closing it I then took some type of survey where they ask you why you closed your account.
Fast forward to this month when I notice a charge from EHarmony on my credit card statement. I usually just pay off my card so I rarely check the statement. I called customer service for my credit card and they tell me that I have been getting charged every month since May. They have charged me over $180.
EHarmony claims they did nothing wrong and that they owe me nothing, but would be happy to stop further payments. This is obviously fraud and I want to know if I have any options.

- mister - 05-22-2014 05:15 PM

You should make the farud charge AS SOON AS POSIBLE at your bank and ask for a new card with a new account number. In worst case scenario you'll only lose what they charged till now and your bank even can recover some of the ilagal charges!