Twitist Forums
Why does Chrome crash my monitor? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Why does Chrome crash my monitor? (/thread-158840.html)

Why does Chrome crash my monitor? - Computer Doctor - 05-23-2014 09:41 PM

I am using a Del Optiplex desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium freshly installed. I have a core 2 duo at 3Ghz, 4 GB of ram, 320GB hard drive. The video card says 32 Mb dedicated memory on it. I have Chrome version 33.0.1750.149 m

--So I just put on my Windows and a few programs and Chrome and everything is working 100% fast. So now I am downloading Avast Antivirus and towards the end of my install the monitor goes black. The computer is still on but the monitor is black. I unplug the monitor and plug it back in, still black. I reboot the computer and everything is fine again.

Last week I installed Chrome on a nice Lenovo desktop. Did the same thing as I did above and boom, the monitor went black and I had to reboot the computer. Another Lenovo that I have did not run Google Maps to well using Chrome. Now this is a brand new monitor. Not the one listed above. It did not like when on Google Maps you went to Satellite view and you started to move around. I don't get what is going on with Chrome these days. I have an older version on my other desktop and I have no problems.

It’s not the monitor as I checked with another monitor. 2 different computers, same problem. On another computer which is similar, Google Maps using Chrome does not work well at all. Plenty of horsepower on this computer to boot.

Any ideas?

- Michael - 05-23-2014 09:51 PM

Its probably a graphics card or psu problem. I doubt the monitor has anything to do with it.

- William - 05-23-2014 10:04 PM

Your drivers may not be working. Check your computer manufacturer/monitor manufacturer for updated drivers (google search <manufacturer> drivers and go to the first result that's from the actual manufacturer's website. Once your drivers are updated. It should work fine.

Hope I helped!

- kala - 05-23-2014 10:16 PM

It could be a problem caused by viruses. Get a good paid antivirus for it. I will suggest you k7. You can download the antivirus free and paid too from here..

http://www.pcsolutions.co.vu/