This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does Chrome crash my monitor?
05-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Why does Chrome crash my monitor?
I am using a Del Optiplex desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium freshly installed. I have a core 2 duo at 3Ghz, 4 GB of ram, 320GB hard drive. The video card says 32 Mb dedicated memory on it. I have Chrome version 33.0.1750.149 m

--So I just put on my Windows and a few programs and Chrome and everything is working 100% fast. So now I am downloading Avast Antivirus and towards the end of my install the monitor goes black. The computer is still on but the monitor is black. I unplug the monitor and plug it back in, still black. I reboot the computer and everything is fine again.

Last week I installed Chrome on a nice Lenovo desktop. Did the same thing as I did above and boom, the monitor went black and I had to reboot the computer. Another Lenovo that I have did not run Google Maps to well using Chrome. Now this is a brand new monitor. Not the one listed above. It did not like when on Google Maps you went to Satellite view and you started to move around. I don't get what is going on with Chrome these days. I have an older version on my other desktop and I have no problems.

It’s not the monitor as I checked with another monitor. 2 different computers, same problem. On another computer which is similar, Google Maps using Chrome does not work well at all. Plenty of horsepower on this computer to boot.

Any ideas?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2014, 09:51 PM

Its probably a graphics card or psu problem. I doubt the monitor has anything to do with it.

Ads

05-23-2014, 10:04 PM

Your drivers may not be working. Check your computer manufacturer/monitor manufacturer for updated drivers (google search <manufacturer> drivers and go to the first result that's from the actual manufacturer's website. Once your drivers are updated. It should work fine.

Hope I helped!
05-23-2014, 10:16 PM

It could be a problem caused by viruses. Get a good paid antivirus for it. I will suggest you k7. You can download the antivirus free and paid too from here..

http://www.pcsolutions.co.vu/