Twitist Forums
How can I eliminate all the ads for lesbian dating services that pop up on my Facebook page? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook ads (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: How can I eliminate all the ads for lesbian dating services that pop up on my Facebook page? (/thread-16159.html)

How can I eliminate all the ads for lesbian dating services that pop up on my Facebook page? - Bluegenes77 - 11-09-2012 08:21 AM

I mean, it's enough to give you some kind of complex! Today there were 3 of them!! Now, if they offered a chance to meet handsome men, then I'd be interested.

- ? - 11-09-2012 08:29 AM

I really don't think you can ever get rid of ads on FB since that's the reason FB makes a gazillion $$$

- John Fahlsing - 11-09-2012 08:29 AM

In your profile you need to specify what gender you are, and what gender your interested in, had the same problem first couple of days in too!

- Clive Watson - 11-09-2012 08:29 AM

THE MACHINE IS PLAYING WITH YOUR MIND. FIGHT THE POWER.
Anyway, I heard that ctrl-W disables ads on most sites and clears certain cookies that may have led to the selection of such ads.

- ♥ B ♥ - 11-09-2012 08:29 AM

You realize those adds come from the things you search on your browser, right? 'cause I search things like "Cute kittens" and BAM, add for kitten food. And I search for a certain tv show, and add for that show. I read somewhere that Facebook gets in your cookies. I'd suggest stop searching for lesbian dating, or just clean your cookies and caches. Smile