Twitist Forums
no one wished me happy birthday on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: no one wished me happy birthday on facebook? (/thread-16885.html)

Pages: 1 2

no one wished me happy birthday on facebook? - karan 446 - 11-09-2012 08:52 AM

yesterday was my birthday but nobody bothered to wish me happy birthday on Facebook..i have more than 250 friends on Facebook. I always make it a point to wish my friends on Facebook on their birthday's.I expected to see a few birthday wishes on my wall but nobody seems to even bother about my existence. Feeling very very low about this.Can anyone tell me what could be the reason , what cud be the reason for people neglecting me so badly on my birthday.???Sad
and the worst bit is..most of my friends on facebook are either my school friends , my college friends or my colleagues from my office..so i know all of them very well or at least i used to know them very well..now that i turned 25 , feels like i dont have any friends..worst feeling i must say Sad

- SlenderMan - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

ITS FACEBOOK!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE NEVER MET THINK!!!

- Syeda Nisma Fatima - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

No need to worry Man!
There will be no reason obviously...They just forgot it,
by the way Happy Birthday!=))
Happy Birthday by Arrogant Worms dedicated to you.=D

Its Okay.... you know same thing happened to me on my birthday, my so close friends who used to wish me at sharp 12:00 on my birthday didn't even wish me,& only one wished me long before my birthday... and instead of being angry I myself called her and told that today is my birthday, we both laughed, I knew, she don't even care, but I also knew, that I do..
and I also wished them on their birthdays, just focus on what you're doing, don't think of others.
Think of them who really cares about you, like your family, or someone..=) Be Happy!

- Unbiased - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

I bet you don't even know a third of those people, which makes it the reason.

- Britty - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

The reason is because it's Facebook. Not everyone pays attention to everyone else. Some people even have "so many friends" because they just add people at random and don't even know them. As long as you had family wish you a happy birthday then you aren't neglected. I think it's a sign for you to get your head into the real world and off the fake one that people seem to create online so often. Person-to-person contact is better than keeping yourself isolated with a computer. That being said, happy belated birthday.

- fawdown - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

It's an online social network. It has it's daily quirks, and periods of ups and downs.

Or you could examine your conduct, posts, and behavior to see if you can find a reason why they would ignore you. It also could have something to do with where they are. If you have a lot of Asian friends, there are a lot of holidays this week.

- BILL - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

maybe they don't care

- psymon - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

Happy birthday for yesterday, first of all, and may I wish you many happy returns. I would feel down and hurt if that happened to me too, but I'm sure your friends aren't deliberately neglecting you. Have you checked that your details in your profile are correct? Maybe facebook never informed anybody that it was your birthday...?

- Macy - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

If you have 250 friends I am guessing you do not know them ALL and see them all the time but maybe they really did let it slip their minds. Maybe you could talk to some of them about it but don't be too har on them jst explain how you feel and maybe they won't be as forgetful next year.
Happy belated Birthday though Smile

- Rachel - 11-09-2012 09:00 AM

It's just Facebook. I know it might be kind of hurtful to not have anyone write on there but I'm sure they just didn't think too much about it since it is only Facebook. Also, there could be something wrong with your page that prevents people from writing on your wall, that happens sometimes. Cheer up and just enjoy your birthday! Enjoy it the way people did before Facebook existed to make us all feel like crap sometimes Smile