Twitist Forums
Could this signal the end of bigotry in the Scottish game? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook groups (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Could this signal the end of bigotry in the Scottish game? (/thread-19258.html)

Pages: 1 2

Could this signal the end of bigotry in the Scottish game? - SIR CUSTAC CANT - 11-09-2012 09:39 AM

http://m.scotsman.com/news/scottish-news/top-stories/rangers-supporters-group-to-donate-money-towards-construction-of-potato-famine-memorial-1-2593709?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#.UIZ5jL5mFXM.facebook
http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/from-famine-song-to-famine-memorial/#more-3270

- Stan Yates - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

No. Wherever there is a strong religious base, you will always have problems, regardless of what the religion is. Seems that they all think they are right, and everyone else is wrong and therefore an a-hole.

An atheist.

- themindfluxv2 - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

not in our lifetime m8 but fair play to the rsa for taking a step forward instead of a step backward...2-1 to celtic the night by the way...i got a feeling..get sum money on it lol

- themindfluxv2 - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

not as long as offended and his like are about

- Tatty - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

I had to check the date there, but no it is the 23rd October and not 1st April!

I severely doubt it will change anything, but it is a start of some sorts, recognising that above and beyond all the complete and utter bullshite that gets peddled between us and we hold against each other, stripped to the bare bones, we are both just people from a relatively small area, that were and are affected by the same things.

- Kaffo - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

Someone has probably been stung by a prankster. I can't see any Rangers supporters groups getting involved in that.

- BigD - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

Fair play to the RSA if the story is true. It won't end bigotry although it is a step in the right direction but sadly there will still be a bigoted element who will probably desecrate any memorial

- Predictor Scotland - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

I hope so,but it isn't part of my everyday life anyway. Things will only change when both sides admit their people are part of the problem.Some are incapable of doing that.

- Iain Gannon - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

baby step in right direction but you just know bigots on both sides will make a mockery of it

- Caine7SFG - 11-09-2012 09:47 AM

No, they care not for anyone apart from their own kind,a s they say the devil is in the detail well look at what was said by the RSA President

QUOTE “It did not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age or religion and we think it is absolutely fitting that a memorial remembers those who suffered as a result. (This does not indicate any softening of their attitude, just a statement to acknowledge Protestants as well as Catholics died)

QUOTE “Rangers have a large and loyal following from Northern Ireland and many of their ancestors were affected by the famine.” (This tells you that they are contributing towards it only because their kind were involved)