Twitist Forums
If I am a member of a group on Facebook, can other group members view my personal information? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook timeline (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: If I am a member of a group on Facebook, can other group members view my personal information? (/thread-20809.html)

If I am a member of a group on Facebook, can other group members view my personal information? - ml - 11-09-2012 10:11 AM

If I am a member of a group on Facebook, and have my privacy settings set to Friends only, can other group members who are not my friends view my personal information and/or timeline?

- happyvacation050 - 11-09-2012 10:20 AM

yes even though its on private you still can see it

- Arya - 11-09-2012 10:20 AM

no they cant

- Kim - 11-09-2012 10:20 AM

Group members are not considered "friends", so any information you have set to "friends only" will be invisible to group members who aren't also your friends.

- incubabe - 11-09-2012 10:20 AM

No they can not, because you are not friends with them, you are only in a group together. Just check what your privacy settings are because facebook changes them often sometimes opening loop holes where stuff like this might slip through. But I believe they can not Smile

- Janet - 11-09-2012 10:20 AM

No, you have to friends.....Check by going on a random persons timeline who you aren't friends with