Twitist Forums
for your age group, what untypical things do you do? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook groups (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: for your age group, what untypical things do you do? (/thread-22387.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

for your age group, what untypical things do you do? - velocity girl - 11-09-2012 10:44 AM

i must be one of the last people under 90 not to be on facebook (tho i have a blank account, as some sites need it).
since i was 11 ive hung out in antique shops, and bought antique furniture etc (the more i write the weirder i sound..). i also began a very deep obsession with politics when i was about 10, and have been collecting antique (1920s-50s) childrens' books since i was little....
(books, music, politics= my life, really. also cheese is a big passion).

what typically age appropriate things do you NOT do?? 84 year old skater? 15 year old obsessed by learn-to-read books?
@ noonlight! ha! i watched QI earlier~ im english : )

i adore dusty bookshops too Big Grin

- zealousscarf544 - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

I actually like school, reading, and education, as well as going to church.

I'm 16.

- Drunkenstraw939 - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

I really like all those things Smile Fb = drama, and I love old things too. It's funny I do more surprising things for the type of person I am. For example I am what you would perceive to maybe be a bit of a valley girl (which I am), but a lot of people don't know I am a big nerd who loves to read, loves video games, (loves going on here). I love kids movies (i'm 28), love everything Disney, Tim Burton, Neil Gaiman (the kid stuff), read out of the young adult section, I love searching in tidepools like a kid, and love to write.

- Candy kat - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

I'm 16. I don't have a facebook account or twitter or instagram.

I dont really have any untypical things that I do. All of my passions are passions that don't belong to any specific age group

Edit: Wait, I did think of something untypical about myself. I'm abstinent haha

I love your passion for music, I love music too Smile

I like how the only thumbs downs are ones that mention abstinence and church. I can feel the butthurt from here xD

- Noonlightangel - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

I'm a teenager. I listen to the music my dad listened to when he was a teen. I am obsessed with Shakespeare. I love paradox's for some reason, and questions without answers. I have loved second hand book stores all my life- one's with tall dark bookcases and piles of books everywhere. I love owls too, and have worked at an owl sanctuary. I also love random knowledge, QI style (look it up)!

- jordan .R - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

14 and have my entire life planned out

- S.K. - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

I'm the age of the typical YA users's grandparents.

I listen to metal. I write erotica. I do not own pants with an elastic waistband.

- Verity - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

I'm pushing 60 and I contribute to Yahoo Answers!

- whisperingtoothbrush682 - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

Reasons I'm Not A Typical Seventeen Year Old:
-- I enjoy reading historical biographies as well as watching documentaries about various historical periods.
-- I love to read (and write) - especially poetry and Shakespeare.
-- I listen to classical music and adore watching ballet.
-- French music is lovely; Edith Piaf is my favorite vocalist of all time.
-- Astrology is a major interest of mine.
-- I cry over roadkill.
-- I collect tea cups.

Haha Smile

- Harrison Ford - 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

I'm 17. I'm not sure which things would be considered untypical, but I'll try...
I drink black coffee (well, my mum finds it odd anyway).
I don't socialize, I don't go to school and I almost have no friends, in fact my personality is very similar to that of a bitter 80-year-old man who constantly tells kids to get off of his lawn.
I'm deeply fascinated by art and biology.
I listen to a wide range of music including classical, I read erotica and existentialism, I watch thousands of movies that were released even before my deceased grandmother was born or are in languages that I'm completely unfamiliar with.