This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
for your age group, what untypical things do you do?
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
for your age group, what untypical things do you do?
i must be one of the last people under 90 not to be on facebook (tho i have a blank account, as some sites need it).
since i was 11 ive hung out in antique shops, and bought antique furniture etc (the more i write the weirder i sound..). i also began a very deep obsession with politics when i was about 10, and have been collecting antique (1920s-50s) childrens' books since i was little....
(books, music, politics= my life, really. also cheese is a big passion).

what typically age appropriate things do you NOT do?? 84 year old skater? 15 year old obsessed by learn-to-read books?
@ noonlight! ha! i watched QI earlier~ im english : )

i adore dusty bookshops too Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM

I'm a teenager. I listen to the music my dad listened to when he was a teen. I am obsessed with Shakespeare. I love paradox's for some reason, and questions without answers. I have loved second hand book stores all my life- one's with tall dark bookcases and piles of books everywhere. I love owls too, and have worked at an owl sanctuary. I also love random knowledge, QI style (look it up)!

Ads

I'm pushing 60 and I contribute to Yahoo Answers!

I guess I'm a bit like harrison. I'm 18 btw

I don't have much of a social life. I'm content that way
I'm interested in biology, chemistry and physics. moreso biology
I like running. Most people I've talked to (when in HS) hated running. Don't see what's so bad about it.
I do not use facebook that much. I only go on it to chat with 1 or 2 friends. That's it. I spend around 30 seconds a day.
I have an interest in certain histories.

Pretty much it.

your cheese passion sounds awesome

oh and I don't know if this is really untypical for my age group, but I'm willing to put effort into video games. If I need to do a ton of research to get good at a game like starcraft 2, I will do it. Seems like my generation is the "ADD instant gratification more action and explosions" types.

Well I am 21 years old and I have no idea what is typical of my age group or not. But here are a few things about me....
1. I don't drink alcohol
2. I love young adult novels/Disney movies
3. I love sewing. I also know how to knit, crochet, and weave using a loom.
4. I have never had a boyfriend
5. I'm greatly fascinated about other countries and cultures
6. While I do have a facebook (jumped on that bandwagon at sixteen), I just really don't understand the point of twitter, instagram, or pintrest.
7. I still live at home and like it
8. I don't need caffeine to function (not that it wouldn't help on some mornings haha)

I'm pretty sure for the most part I'm fairly typical. I might have stereotyped my own age group a bit though.

I'm twenty-one.
- I've never been on a date or had a girlfriend (or boyfriend) of any kind
- I don't drink and never have
- I prefer reading to watching TV
- I'm celibate
- I prefer speaking to people online than having an actual social life
- I don't "party" or "go clubbing"
- I still sleep with a very worn Teddy-bear and can't sleep without it
- I hang out with people old enough to be my parents/grandparents
- I'm obsessed with Disney
- I still watch lots of VHS'

I'm not sure if these are the sort of things you're looking for, but there you have it.

25 year old woman with My Little Ponies infatuation

I'm not on facebook or Instagram and I'm not planning on having either one. I don't listen to a lot of music.

I've frequently been called an old soul (I'm seventeen), and I like that. I'm really into "older" things: classical music, twentieth century music and books, Shakespeare, antiques, vinyl albums (though I realize that's "hipster")... all those delightful things. Also, I'm a fan of "old-fashioned" ideals: belief in ladies/gentlemen, being polite, respectful, modest, etc.
On top of that, typical teenage activities never appealed to me. I never liked high school dances, drinking, drugs (actually, I've never done drugs or drank alcohol, and I never plan to), parties... I don't even have a driving permit (a recent history of seizures = I'm not allowed to drive until I'm cleared). I've also never had a crush on anyone. I feel like I have more important things to do than have a relationship—like write. I'm really into writing.

I had a really hard time relating to the majority of my classmates in high school, which is part of the reason why I opted to graduate early last year and start college.

I love erotica and vampire books. a real Otaku retard too.