Twitist Forums
Pages on facebook are apps? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Pages on facebook are apps? (/thread-24231.html)

Pages on facebook are apps? - punyBandit582 - 11-09-2012 11:23 AM

Are "becoming a fan" of things apps?
SOmeone in my family says that they are apps, and thats were i am getting my viruses at.
I dont think it is true, but is it?

- hgirl1995 - 11-09-2012 11:31 AM

No, becoming a fan is not an app of any sort.
These viruses are probably from something else, and you might want to get your computer scanned.

- Ben - 11-09-2012 11:31 AM

1) Pages in facebook are not apps.
2) It is impossible to get viruses from most facebook apps. Only the Flash apps like Farmville could even possibly give you a virus, but first of all, people would notice and report it and second, keeping your Flash player up to date will plug all the holes.

- Judith B - 11-09-2012 11:31 AM

By becoming a fan of a page you are basically becoming their friend. You can not get a virus from this. It would be hard to say where you are getting the viruses from. If you download a lot of stuff, like from free sites, this could be it. If you use p2p sites like bearshare or limewire, this could also be it. Try doing a search for a free pc check up and it might help to find what is going wrong.

- broadkitten087 - 11-09-2012 11:31 AM

Pages on Facebook are no applications. They are part of your profile.

- Rom Cartridge - 11-09-2012 11:31 AM

No, they aren't. Facebook applications and Facebook pages are two different things. Facebook pages are inoffensive; Facebook applications can cause trouble, but only inside Facebook. If you don't download anything to your computer, you won't have any problem,