This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pages on facebook are apps?
11-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Pages on facebook are apps?
Are "becoming a fan" of things apps?
SOmeone in my family says that they are apps, and thats were i am getting my viruses at.
I dont think it is true, but is it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:31 AM

No, becoming a fan is not an app of any sort.
These viruses are probably from something else, and you might want to get your computer scanned.

Ads

1) Pages in facebook are not apps.
2) It is impossible to get viruses from most facebook apps. Only the Flash apps like Farmville could even possibly give you a virus, but first of all, people would notice and report it and second, keeping your Flash player up to date will plug all the holes.

By becoming a fan of a page you are basically becoming their friend. You can not get a virus from this. It would be hard to say where you are getting the viruses from. If you download a lot of stuff, like from free sites, this could be it. If you use p2p sites like bearshare or limewire, this could also be it. Try doing a search for a free pc check up and it might help to find what is going wrong.

Pages on Facebook are no applications. They are part of your profile.

No, they aren't. Facebook applications and Facebook pages are two different things. Facebook pages are inoffensive; Facebook applications can cause trouble, but only inside Facebook. If you don't download anything to your computer, you won't have any problem,