Twitist Forums
What are valid reasons to stay out of facebook? or not to register there? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: What are valid reasons to stay out of facebook? or not to register there? (/thread-24317.html)

Pages: 1 2

What are valid reasons to stay out of facebook? or not to register there? - John Alderich - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

Many people is constantly annoying to register on facebook and act alarmerd when I tell them I don't have a facebook account.

What are valid reasons to stay out of facebook? What can I tell them to calm them down without them thinking I'm weird. I don't wanna be rude to anyone. Just want them to stop.

1. Not liking it
2. Privacy concerns
3. Don't have for that

Any other reason you can think of.

- B. - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

Just say that you choose not to join it because you don't want to. This is the USA and you are free to make your own decisions about your life.

- Bane - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

Valid reasons:

1.Not liking it
2. Privacy concerns
3. Don't have time for that
4. Looking for a job lots of employers use your FB page against you,(then again if you DON"T have a page employers may judge you as not tech savvy).
5. You are hiding from your enemies or the law.

- Jon - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

Here's a valid reason, or at least its why i don't have an account: its a bunch of bullshit about who's friends with who and what he said she said the other day. its a thing for people who really need to get a life.

- jeffrey f - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

Not liking it is as good a reason as any. If you don't want to join Facebook, you don't have to. This is a free country and there is no law that says you have to be on Facebook.

- Tlyna - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

I don't want one. As to why, I am not a herd animal and I'm not going to do it just because everyone else seems to have one.

- SWEETZ2010 - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

To much drama.

- Sue B - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

Just say you have no desire to know when so and so took a dump or who had what for dinner. Facebook has turned into a circus with all the young kids. Bashing, bullying. It's a pain to be honest with you

- MADLUV - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

4- i'm not social!

- Jackie - 11-09-2012 11:33 AM

Think about what your life was like before FB and see if it contributes anything to your life