This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are valid reasons to stay out of facebook? or not to register there?
11-09-2012, 11:25 AM
What are valid reasons to stay out of facebook? or not to register there?
Many people is constantly annoying to register on facebook and act alarmerd when I tell them I don't have a facebook account.

What are valid reasons to stay out of facebook? What can I tell them to calm them down without them thinking I'm weird. I don't wanna be rude to anyone. Just want them to stop.

1. Not liking it
2. Privacy concerns
3. Don't have for that

Any other reason you can think of.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Just say that you choose not to join it because you don't want to. This is the USA and you are free to make your own decisions about your life.

Ads

Valid reasons:

1.Not liking it
2. Privacy concerns
3. Don't have time for that
4. Looking for a job lots of employers use your FB page against you,(then again if you DON"T have a page employers may judge you as not tech savvy).
5. You are hiding from your enemies or the law.

Here's a valid reason, or at least its why i don't have an account: its a bunch of bullshit about who's friends with who and what he said she said the other day. its a thing for people who really need to get a life.

Not liking it is as good a reason as any. If you don't want to join Facebook, you don't have to. This is a free country and there is no law that says you have to be on Facebook.

I don't want one. As to why, I am not a herd animal and I'm not going to do it just because everyone else seems to have one.

Just say you have no desire to know when so and so took a dump or who had what for dinner. Facebook has turned into a circus with all the young kids. Bashing, bullying. It's a pain to be honest with you

4- i'm not social!

Think about what your life was like before FB and see if it contributes anything to your life

It seems like almost everyone has a facebook account these days. My family and some friends want me to join, but I simply do not want to do that, even though I know I can set my desired level of privacy.

I want to talk to my friends and family, not comment or "like" them.

I don't want to connect with 472 old friends. I love my circle of friends and do not want to have to "friend" virtual strangers who tag me to do so.

I do not want to waste my time reading everyone's stupid comments.

I have known several occasions where facebook has caused drama due to misunderstandings.

It is impossible for me to take facebook seriously, therefore I do not bother with it.

Social networking in cyberspace is impersonal and lacks my desire for human contact.