Twitist Forums
Why is Christianity now linked to hating Obama and being political? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Why is Christianity now linked to hating Obama and being political? (/thread-24327.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why is Christianity now linked to hating Obama and being political? - arckieb - 11-09-2012 11:25 AM

Hi. I am Christian myself and I don't understand.

Just a while ago - a pastor's wife that I know. In facebook, someone posted a picture of a black dog with an afro, sunglasses, and "bling". The picture was about whatever, nothing political.

Then the lady goes and says "Looks like Obama" in a demeaning way. Then her son says, "oh don't insult the dog that way".

And sure enough the lady had a big Romney/Ryan banner in her profile.

The dog did not look like Obama, and I don't get how Christian people think acting that way is "what Jesus would do".

And it's not just her, this is just one example of what I've seen over and over with Christian people I know.

Every time I turn on the radio to a "Christian" station - sure enough they are talking about politics and about how Obama will destroy this nation.

People from pulpits, say any insulting jokes about him, and the whole crowd applauds and laughs.

I am a Christian and to me this is not Christian at all. I have my doubts about Obama's competency just as I have about Romney - but this level of disrespect from Christian people - I just don't get it.

Why?

- Gobbledy - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

I hate religion in politics

I can't explain it.

I'm not voting

- purringmitten429 - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

Republicans gonna hate

- CapsFan1974 - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

Christians haven't been Christ-like for a loooooooong time.

- Green Eyes - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

Hello, I am also a Christian. You should know that some people claim to be Christians but don't really go along with what they teach. For example, the bible tells us to remain neutral, i.e. not getting involved in politics of any sort.

- MOMMAH - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

"Why is Christianity now linked to hating Obama and being political?"

Hey, I'm STILL wondering how RACISM can DETERMINE how people VOTE. It's a RACIAL ISSUE... Whether people like to ADMIT it or NOT....It is what it is, seriously if you don't put a FACE on the AGENDA and LOOK AT it for WHAT IT REALLY is... Would you VOTE for this person? If the RACES were OPPOSITE who would you REALLY vote for?

- Rabbit - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAA OBAMA

- Charles - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

pseudo christians

- Fiona Hi - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

Yeah I notice that there has been a lot of "Christians" now that are kinda being..well stupid. Those people are just not real Christians I think. They "Call" themselves Christian and maybe they DO love God. But sometimes, ANYTHING can get into ANYONE'S head at ANY moment. Christians aren't perfect people and I think some Christians think they are and I think those are the ones who are like..well what you just described on your question. And then you have that "Christian Mingle" site where Christians meet and find there true match. Its like eharmony, but for Christians, and the logo is "Find Gods Match for You!" Those kind of things is just making Christians, making GOD in general, look bad. And idk why. Maybe this is just another sign that was talked about in the Bible for Christians to be like this? Idk...

- Susie - 11-09-2012 11:34 AM

^Green eyes said it all. So many people are "Christian", and act like this. True Christians tend to be unbigoted, and respectful of politics.