This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is Christianity now linked to hating Obama and being political?
11-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Why is Christianity now linked to hating Obama and being political?
Hi. I am Christian myself and I don't understand.

Just a while ago - a pastor's wife that I know. In facebook, someone posted a picture of a black dog with an afro, sunglasses, and "bling". The picture was about whatever, nothing political.

Then the lady goes and says "Looks like Obama" in a demeaning way. Then her son says, "oh don't insult the dog that way".

And sure enough the lady had a big Romney/Ryan banner in her profile.

The dog did not look like Obama, and I don't get how Christian people think acting that way is "what Jesus would do".

And it's not just her, this is just one example of what I've seen over and over with Christian people I know.

Every time I turn on the radio to a "Christian" station - sure enough they are talking about politics and about how Obama will destroy this nation.

People from pulpits, say any insulting jokes about him, and the whole crowd applauds and laughs.

I am a Christian and to me this is not Christian at all. I have my doubts about Obama's competency just as I have about Romney - but this level of disrespect from Christian people - I just don't get it.

Why?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:34 AM

Christians haven't been Christ-like for a loooooooong time.

Ads

"Why is Christianity now linked to hating Obama and being political?"

Hey, I'm STILL wondering how RACISM can DETERMINE how people VOTE. It's a RACIAL ISSUE... Whether people like to ADMIT it or NOT....It is what it is, seriously if you don't put a FACE on the AGENDA and LOOK AT it for WHAT IT REALLY is... Would you VOTE for this person? If the RACES were OPPOSITE who would you REALLY vote for?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAA OBAMA

pseudo christians

^Green eyes said it all. So many people are "Christian", and act like this. True Christians tend to be unbigoted, and respectful of politics.

It is more of a noise factor than anything else. Religion in the United States has gained a tremendous amount of power (and the corruption that goes along with it). In 2008, it was not usual for a person who openly supported Obama to be berated by Christians for several reasons -- he was seen as a non-citizen (despite the issuance of his birth certificate by Hawaii) and a non-Christian (despite his ongoing attendance in a Christian Church). This continued into the mid-term elections in 2010 when the Tea Party managed to gain a number of congressional seats and turn the House of Representatives into a dysfunctional state that would not support any program except their own.

Because both the Tea Party and the anti-Obama lies (yes, lies), Christianity has been linked to the anti-Obama political rhetoric.

Keep in mind that it is the noisy branch of Christianity, the same group that often opposes anything but their own version of the religion, that has done this. The majority of Christians are spread across the political landscape, just like the rest of the American society.

Not everyone will agree with my assessment.

Christianity and racism go hand in hand, both the KKK and the Nazi party are christian organizations

People like Soldier for Salvation are the exact reason why, if we don't stop this, the US is going to become the stupidest nation on earth. These people laud stupidity and hate intelligent people. They hate anything or anyone that isn't just like them - white and male. They feel as though they are the Masters of the Universe and everyone should bow down to them. They are dangerous and they could be taking over this country and what will happend to us then? We are already way down on the list of how educated our children are and how much they know - places like Singapore and Indonesia have smarter children than we have. And yet they go around with their fingers in the air yelling "We're number one in the US!"...what the hell are we number one about? In what circumstance are we number one? The way I see it, we are number one in butting into other people's business and number one in being proud of being stupid.

It's because a certain branch of aggressive Christianity (collectively called Dominionism) has slowly and semi-stealthily co-opted the Republican party. They then manipulate people to create a fear-filled environment and use that fear to gain power. They present themselves as being Christian, and that they'll protect other Christians from the perceived, manufactured threats, in an attempt to get the votes from the more normal Christians. Wash, rinse, repeat, each time ratcheting up the rhetoric.