Twitist Forums
Is it fair that 75% of my facebook friends deleted me because of my religious beliefs? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Is it fair that 75% of my facebook friends deleted me because of my religious beliefs? (/thread-24384.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is it fair that 75% of my facebook friends deleted me because of my religious beliefs? - Yoli - 11-09-2012 11:27 AM

I am an atheist/anti-theist and I'll often post things on my wall mocking religion or criticizing the bible. I am civil and encourage my friends to challenge me to a rational debate. Is it fair that my friends delete me just because of this? I'm nice to them and often do favors for them and they delete me.

- quietladybug558 - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

Catholics, famous for their hypocritical religious tolerance.

- Desiree - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

Cult members always reject people who have left the cult.

- Freak Of Nurture - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

Yes, it's fair. Your "friends" can delete you for whatever reason they like. However, you should note that they clearly are not your friends. You should also take Facebook far less seriously.

- MB - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

Christians who are perscecuted for their beliefs, or lose friends, etc. will get many, many rewards in Heaven......but there is no reward for an atheist who this happens to.

- Bill 42 - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

Fairness has nothing to do with the way the world works. Get used to it.

- Are you one of us? - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

"I'll often post things on my wall mocking religion or criticizing the bible"

And you are asking if it's fair they deleted you?

This is what atheism does at times... insensitivity. *shakes head*

- Mackenzie - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

Maybe they don't want a challenge or an argument; they just want a friend.

To you, their religion is fiction and an interesting debate.

To them, it is probably among their most sacredly held beliefs and values in life. Not everyone wants to push it on you or argue it with you. But they probably also don't want to visit your page only to have something in life that is so important to them trashed and disrespected.

- elizabeth - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

Love thy neighbour ... except what we actually find is that the religious tend to be the most intolerant, bigoted, intransigent people on the planet. And all because you don't believe in their imaginary friend.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so daft.

- Vin - 11-09-2012 11:35 AM

Yes it's fair..

Who are you to demand that someone keep you as a friend?

"I am civil and encourage my friends to challenge me to a rational debate."

NO YOU'RE NOT...

"I'll often post things on my wall mocking religion or criticizing the bible."

You are arrogant, dis-respectful & clueless...... NOW

This is not the ME…..ME…..ME….. Channel

WELCOME to R&S……

Where we ask and answer questions about Religion & Spiritually!

You seem to be lost? Can I help you to the exit and point you in the right direction?