Twitist Forums
Can rogue facebook apps steal my personal information even after the revocation? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Can rogue facebook apps steal my personal information even after the revocation? (/thread-24501.html)

Can rogue facebook apps steal my personal information even after the revocation? - great guy - 11-09-2012 11:29 AM

I had this app on my facebook which looked like some survey scam. I did not took the survey at all, but revoked the application's access to my facebook account. Can the rogue app access my account information (including the password and e-mail) in any way even after the revocation?

- Md Sr Aslam - 11-09-2012 11:38 AM

when you are deny(cancel callback) any app from your facebook application setting after this app can't acces any private info. they are can access only public info from fb account.

- Sandra B - 11-09-2012 11:38 AM

I no longer trust facebook at all. Facebook is always trying to get you to give them permission to access your email account so that they can "Find your friends". I have never given facebook permission to access my email account. but yet, they suggested someone that I have a couple of emails from that were sent 3 years ago. This man lives in another country, and we have no common friends. Those emails are the only link between the 2 of us. And facebook just suggested we be friends. Coincidence? No Way!