Twitist Forums
How do I salvage my reputation? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook groups (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: How do I salvage my reputation? (/thread-28262.html)

How do I salvage my reputation? - None - 11-09-2012 01:04 PM

One night I was posting in a Facebook group asking for regulations about posting. Unexpectedly, the people thought I was being dumb and told me the title of the group was self explanatory. The conversation escalated to involving a great portion of the group. I think I came off as stupid and annoying and that worries me...

I don't mind that too much as it will probably eventually blow over as few people know who I am on fb. But I'm worried about how it might affect me IRL as some people do know my identity. I'm especially worried my mentor-friend will drop me when he finds out about the post...

I tries to delete the post but the people in the group told me not to or else I'd be in trouble.

What do I do now? I'm most worried about my reputation and my relationship with my mentor/friend...

- myanswers - 11-09-2012 01:12 PM

If anything happens say your account was hacked! Smile Sound extremely worried and sincere.
Also post a status saying that your account was hacked, it will be more convincing. Good luck

- Jennifer - 11-09-2012 01:12 PM

Just start answering intelligently in your group. As for your friend, lay it out. Confess with details and humor and hope for the best.

- jonny s - 11-09-2012 01:12 PM

Go to your mentor/friend and tell them what happened. If you know for a fact that your mentor/friend is going to see the posts, then it would be best if you tell them about the situation first. Just explain that it was a misunderstanding and that you got frustrated and posted some things that you regret. A good mentor/friend will be understanding.