This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I salvage my reputation?
11-09-2012, 01:04 PM
How do I salvage my reputation?
One night I was posting in a Facebook group asking for regulations about posting. Unexpectedly, the people thought I was being dumb and told me the title of the group was self explanatory. The conversation escalated to involving a great portion of the group. I think I came off as stupid and annoying and that worries me...

I don't mind that too much as it will probably eventually blow over as few people know who I am on fb. But I'm worried about how it might affect me IRL as some people do know my identity. I'm especially worried my mentor-friend will drop me when he finds out about the post...

I tries to delete the post but the people in the group told me not to or else I'd be in trouble.

What do I do now? I'm most worried about my reputation and my relationship with my mentor/friend...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 01:12 PM

If anything happens say your account was hacked! Smile Sound extremely worried and sincere.
Also post a status saying that your account was hacked, it will be more convincing. Good luck

Ads

Just start answering intelligently in your group. As for your friend, lay it out. Confess with details and humor and hope for the best.

Go to your mentor/friend and tell them what happened. If you know for a fact that your mentor/friend is going to see the posts, then it would be best if you tell them about the situation first. Just explain that it was a misunderstanding and that you got frustrated and posted some things that you regret. A good mentor/friend will be understanding.