Twitist Forums
Does removing your "in a relationship" on facebook mean that the actual relationship is over? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Does removing your "in a relationship" on facebook mean that the actual relationship is over? (/thread-30110.html)

Pages: 1 2

Does removing your "in a relationship" on facebook mean that the actual relationship is over? - elain - 11-09-2012 04:33 PM

It's come to the point that my boyfriend and I are not really meant to be together, we argue most of the time and he puts down my family. It got to the point where I removed my "in a relationship" off my Facebook profile without his knowledge, until recently. Does this indicate that the relationship is really over?

- oh - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

idk

- ladyhawke707 - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

Yes yes its over

- Za - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

Maybe, he could take it as that way and sleep around, and I would not blame him because I would think that the action of saying to everyone you know (via facebook) I am single, means it's over. Although he could be a hopeless moron and think it doesn't.

- b - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

yes

- thewaythingsare - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

no. You have typed words on to a computer. This does not have anything to do with real life.

grow up and tell him he's dumped.

- SH - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

it doesnt mean it is over but it also means it isnt a good thing either. Ever relationship has arguements. Noone is perfect. If there is no love or trust in the relationship then it isnt really meant to be. If you love him fight for him if you dont love him of course there is someone else out there for you.

Wish you all the best

- ~Guitar Man~ - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

There is no set of laws derived from facebook, that define your actual relationship via published relationship status. In other words, it's saying to the public,"i'm single" but just because it says that doesnt mean it has to be true. Usually people don't base there actual life, off of there publicly displayed content, its usually the other way around. I can go on facebook and put that i'm gay, but that doesnt mean i am. The relationship is only over when one of you say it is, regardless of facebook.

- ~Guitar Man~ - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

It depends how serious you are about facebook...

- Angela - 11-09-2012 04:42 PM

yep