Twitist Forums
How do I take my dead father off Facebook and Gmail? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How do I take my dead father off Facebook and Gmail? (/thread-30593.html)

How do I take my dead father off Facebook and Gmail? - Bob - 11-09-2012 04:52 PM

My father passed away a few months ago and my sisters say I should take him off these. I found his passwords, but what should I do next?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- rainbowsarefake! - 11-09-2012 05:00 PM

Deactivated the accounts, in the settings tab

- Catch - 11-09-2012 05:00 PM

just deactivate his account because , he did not ask you to operate this

- Max - 11-09-2012 05:00 PM

Ah.. well. If you deactivate his facebook account all the content your father posted will stay on it if I remember correctly. I don't know how about images because his profile will probably be no longer accessible, but comments he made on fan pages, other profiles , etc. might stay. Like I said, not sure about that so maybe try to find a reliable source.
I am planning to delete my facebook account because of privacy concernsm, but first I changed my surname so even in case something about me remains on facebook, it won't be under my name.

Gmail I don't really know much about but I guess I would make sure nothing important is associated with it anymore (business, contracts, friends who might try to contact him,...) and then deactivate the account.

Good luck!