This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I take my dead father off Facebook and Gmail?
11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
How do I take my dead father off Facebook and Gmail?
My father passed away a few months ago and my sisters say I should take him off these. I found his passwords, but what should I do next?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Deactivated the accounts, in the settings tab

Ads

just deactivate his account because , he did not ask you to operate this

Ah.. well. If you deactivate his facebook account all the content your father posted will stay on it if I remember correctly. I don't know how about images because his profile will probably be no longer accessible, but comments he made on fan pages, other profiles , etc. might stay. Like I said, not sure about that so maybe try to find a reliable source.
I am planning to delete my facebook account because of privacy concernsm, but first I changed my surname so even in case something about me remains on facebook, it won't be under my name.

Gmail I don't really know much about but I guess I would make sure nothing important is associated with it anymore (business, contracts, friends who might try to contact him,...) and then deactivate the account.

Good luck!