Twitist Forums
Why do girls pretend to have boyfriends? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Why do girls pretend to have boyfriends? (/thread-31440.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why do girls pretend to have boyfriends? - Smith - 11-09-2012 05:26 PM

I have this friend who pretends that she has a bf by posting on twitter stuff like, I love whenever you touch me etc and it just infuriates me because I know she doesn't have a bf! Yet she told me she wants to make it seem like she has a bf. It's pissing me off. I mean shes acting a little desperate. Im a girl btw and we are in an all girls's school.

- Tikka - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

because many girls hate being single.
i'm one of them. i'm 16 and never had a boyfriend, but i would never pretend i had a boyfriend - i want guys to know i'm single!
she doesn't like people thinking she can't get a guy, so she fakes it to make people think she is capable of at least something.
she may also want to make friends jelous - or wants guys to want her - since people often want what they cant have.

- Matthew - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

It's probably because she doesn't want anyone hitting on her or she's lesbian and taken.

- gridironkid30 - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

shes trying to show off thats how all girls are

- canaan90 - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

that's dumb as hell.

- KaLeigh - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

That's weird! Maybe she just wants people to think she has a bf because she is insecure and wants other girls to think she is cool. How strange... haha

- Gabby Jolene - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

because she must be really ugly

- Vincent N - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

To get you jealous.

- lisa r - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

because she doesnt want to seem like a loser i guess & she likes the attention of writing that stuff.

- Amanda :D - 11-09-2012 05:34 PM

To make themselves seem more impressive then they really are. Why do people brag they have thousands in the bank when they are in debt up to their ears? To impress others with what they don't have.

I don't pretend to have a boyfriend. In fact, I don't want one. My life has been very drama free, and I don't feel like I need a boyfriend just because other people have them. I'm much more content with just having friends

Big Grin