This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do girls pretend to have boyfriends?
11-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Why do girls pretend to have boyfriends?
I have this friend who pretends that she has a bf by posting on twitter stuff like, I love whenever you touch me etc and it just infuriates me because I know she doesn't have a bf! Yet she told me she wants to make it seem like she has a bf. It's pissing me off. I mean shes acting a little desperate. Im a girl btw and we are in an all girls's school.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:34 PM

because many girls hate being single.
i'm one of them. i'm 16 and never had a boyfriend, but i would never pretend i had a boyfriend - i want guys to know i'm single!
she doesn't like people thinking she can't get a guy, so she fakes it to make people think she is capable of at least something.
she may also want to make friends jelous - or wants guys to want her - since people often want what they cant have.

Ads

It's probably because she doesn't want anyone hitting on her or she's lesbian and taken.

shes trying to show off thats how all girls are

that's dumb as hell.

That's weird! Maybe she just wants people to think she has a bf because she is insecure and wants other girls to think she is cool. How strange... haha

because she must be really ugly

Maybe because she wants to let everyone know that she is taken and just wants to fit in with everyone else!

because she's not secure enough in herself to thrive as a single girl. think about it. we are told all the time that we need boyfriends, she buys into that. but dont' be mad at her. she obviously needs to get some confidence in herself and that's not gonna happen if her friends leave her. at least she's not being easy to get a guy..

your friend is over conscious about her single status, so resort to childish things like that to mislead people into thinking she has a boyfriend. desperate or not, its her own freedom to do whatever she likes. why don't you just leave her alone. you cannot control the actions of others, but you can control your reactions.