Twitist Forums
Does my girlfriend have the right to question every girl I add to my Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Does my girlfriend have the right to question every girl I add to my Facebook? (/thread-31897.html)

Pages: 1 2

Does my girlfriend have the right to question every girl I add to my Facebook? - john - 11-09-2012 05:43 PM

Every time I add a girl to my facebook my girlfriend wants to know who she is, why I added her and if I have been talking to her. She says that she just wants to know who they are, that there is nothing wrong. I don't feel giving an explanation every time I add some girl is right, so we have fought about it. I have never cheated on her. Am I overreacting? Is she too jealous? Thanks

- Angie - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

One word. Obsessive.

- Angie - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

shes over protective of you but she wants to make sure some girl wont steal you away from her Smile I do it to my boyfriend hahaha and I do get jealous (:

- Natalie - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

She's the one that's over-reacting. You should have a talk with her, maybe she's been cheated on before and feels insecure.

- Emma H - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

its natural for her to be jealous even if you've never done anything wrong as she sees them as competition... but yes it is a little over the top when she demands to know everything about them. just let her know she has nothing to worry about and she should calm down... if she asks tell her who they are and how you met/know them but that should be enough for her.
Talk to her about it and let her understand why its annoying but also you have to understand why she does it, both of you need to calm down Smile

- Butterscotch - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

Yes you're overreacting. It's normal for her to be curious about the friends she didn't know you had. It just means she cares about you. You'd probably be doing the same thing to her if she suddenly started adding a lot of guys you didn't know. :-)

- bluebear - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

Well I hav guys on my fb but I'm not going to jump in to bed wth them ,I know how ur gf feel my husband left me for someone on fb but I'm stupid I took him bck ,but ther should b trust in relationship ,

- Kay - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

she's being overly protective, jealous, and insecure. she has to realize that FB isn't the only place where females will appear. she's not with u 24/7, therefore she has no way of knowing all the females u talk to or associate with in ur life. she needs to know that their may be other female friends in ur life but she's the only one that u really care for. explain that to her. sometimes we need to be reassured

- Hannah Peterson - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

Wow. That's just ridiculous. Your girlfriend needs to relax.
You should tell her that it's only fair that you also get to annoy her and ask a billion questions about every guy she talks to or adds on facebook, so she can see how you feel and see how annoying it is. If she refuses, then I hate to tell you that she's not the girl for you.

- jess;* - 11-09-2012 05:51 PM

You're not overreacting. She is. There should be trust in your relationship and it really doesn't sound like she trusts you. I'm a girl and I don't do that. You should talk to her about it because I honestly think there's no reason to act like that. She probably is really jealous. Maybe she's obsessed. I don't know but if this continues, you should probably break up with her. Good Luck :]