This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does my girlfriend have the right to question every girl I add to my Facebook?
11-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Does my girlfriend have the right to question every girl I add to my Facebook?
Every time I add a girl to my facebook my girlfriend wants to know who she is, why I added her and if I have been talking to her. She says that she just wants to know who they are, that there is nothing wrong. I don't feel giving an explanation every time I add some girl is right, so we have fought about it. I have never cheated on her. Am I overreacting? Is she too jealous? Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 05:51 PM

One word. Obsessive.

Ads

shes over protective of you but she wants to make sure some girl wont steal you away from her Smile I do it to my boyfriend hahaha and I do get jealous (:

She's the one that's over-reacting. You should have a talk with her, maybe she's been cheated on before and feels insecure.

its natural for her to be jealous even if you've never done anything wrong as she sees them as competition... but yes it is a little over the top when she demands to know everything about them. just let her know she has nothing to worry about and she should calm down... if she asks tell her who they are and how you met/know them but that should be enough for her.
Talk to her about it and let her understand why its annoying but also you have to understand why she does it, both of you need to calm down Smile

Yes you're overreacting. It's normal for her to be curious about the friends she didn't know you had. It just means she cares about you. You'd probably be doing the same thing to her if she suddenly started adding a lot of guys you didn't know. :-)

Well I hav guys on my fb but I'm not going to jump in to bed wth them ,I know how ur gf feel my husband left me for someone on fb but I'm stupid I took him bck ,but ther should b trust in relationship ,

she's being overly protective, jealous, and insecure. she has to realize that FB isn't the only place where females will appear. she's not with u 24/7, therefore she has no way of knowing all the females u talk to or associate with in ur life. she needs to know that their may be other female friends in ur life but she's the only one that u really care for. explain that to her. sometimes we need to be reassured

You're not overreacting. I think your girlfriend has some jealousy issues. If you're fighting about it, it could be because she feels guilty for this. Her jealousy may not be a mistrust in you, but is more likely an insecurity in herself. The best you can do is make her feel wanted, but don't smother her. Introduce her to some of your friends who are girls or suggest she add them, too. The more familiar she is with your female friends, the more comfortable she'll get and this will hopefully help her relax enough for her jealousy to fade. I can't guarantee she'll stop being jealous about other things, (sometimes people can't help that), but you can help her feel less so about adding Facebook friends.

Its not about whether or not she has a RIGHT to badger you about it. Its whether or not she should and why she does it. Mostly why she does it. That's something you should talk to her about. Figure out if she doesn't trust you, if she's just really insecure, or what. I'm a jealous person too. And if I get nosy, its because I'd be insecure. It actually rarely has to do with the traits of the guy I'm with. I'm currently dating someone who is also jealous. And its a lot easier to date someone who also gets a little worked up. NOT someone who's controlling or demanding, but someone who can get a little insecure or worried sometimes. Not too much, but it feels nice sometimes if my boyfriend says he sometimes gets a little worried about guys at the college I just went away to. I think you should figure out why she's so paranoid and needs to know everything. Try to pay attention to her instead of getting defensive because that will likely lead to fighting which will probably get you no where constructive.