Twitist Forums
Will My Parents Be Able To Find The Facebook I Created? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Will My Parents Be Able To Find The Facebook I Created? (/thread-32748.html)

Pages: 1 2

Will My Parents Be Able To Find The Facebook I Created? - ArrogantSwami267 - 11-09-2012 06:15 PM

My parents wouldnt let me get a facebook just because of what my sister did on hers soI just secretly created on myself. If they search for me will they be able to find me?

- 8 weeks preggo! - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Chang eyour name. Do not put your first and last name. If you have to, add a middle name in there, like

for example,
Instead of putting your full name like this: Ashly Frank
Put something like: "Ashly takin no BS Frank"

Put it under a name they cant look up

- cOoLgIrL - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Yes if they search for you they'll be able to find you unless you switch the privacy settings to be so people can't search for you.

- alicialions - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

If they have fb accounts, simply block them!

- alicialions - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

As an adult and a parent I can tell you, odds are very strong they will eventually find you. My friends daughter tried this and it worked for a short while, but eventually the friends you have will show up on your parent's profile, or a friend's parent's profile, you'll be caught. Unless all your friends have fake profiles, with fake names that tie to no one who has a connection with your parents you won't be able to keep the ruse up for long.

- kelly. - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Search them up and block them, that makes it impossible for them to search you. And switch your privacy settings, and maybe do the middle name thing that another person said, or change your last name.

Oh, and make sure your friends parents don't get on their facebooks. My mom always checks my facebook, I can't have one unless she has the password and checks everything on it, she found my friend who wasn't allowed to have a Facebook, but she made one anyway. We were friends, and our moms go to the same church - one morning at church my mom asked "So your daughter is on Facebook?" and she got in trouble. If anything, change your whole name and dont put a picture of yoruself up.

- mina - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

what did you sister do?

- bren3113 - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

The other two answers are good, but on top of that, your email address can let you be found. Make a NEW email account just for facebook. One that Mom and Dad won't know. I hope this helps! http://www.brendan-michael.com

- Vanesssa - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Block them, use a different name, and don't use a picture of yourself as a profile picture.

- highcub398 - 11-09-2012 06:23 PM

Yeh- My parents couldn't search me. I even created a seperate facebook account to try and find me and I couldn't. I wasn't allowed to have one. Somehow a guy my dad works with saw me on a page he was also on and just commented to my dad that I had a boyfriend and what not. When my dad asked how he knew that he said he saw it on facebook... I was busted