This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will My Parents Be Able To Find The Facebook I Created?
11-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Will My Parents Be Able To Find The Facebook I Created?
My parents wouldnt let me get a facebook just because of what my sister did on hers soI just secretly created on myself. If they search for me will they be able to find me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:23 PM

Chang eyour name. Do not put your first and last name. If you have to, add a middle name in there, like

for example,
Instead of putting your full name like this: Ashly Frank
Put something like: "Ashly takin no BS Frank"

Put it under a name they cant look up

Ads

Yes if they search for you they'll be able to find you unless you switch the privacy settings to be so people can't search for you.

If they have fb accounts, simply block them!

As an adult and a parent I can tell you, odds are very strong they will eventually find you. My friends daughter tried this and it worked for a short while, but eventually the friends you have will show up on your parent's profile, or a friend's parent's profile, you'll be caught. Unless all your friends have fake profiles, with fake names that tie to no one who has a connection with your parents you won't be able to keep the ruse up for long.

Search them up and block them, that makes it impossible for them to search you. And switch your privacy settings, and maybe do the middle name thing that another person said, or change your last name.

Oh, and make sure your friends parents don't get on their facebooks. My mom always checks my facebook, I can't have one unless she has the password and checks everything on it, she found my friend who wasn't allowed to have a Facebook, but she made one anyway. We were friends, and our moms go to the same church - one morning at church my mom asked "So your daughter is on Facebook?" and she got in trouble. If anything, change your whole name and dont put a picture of yoruself up.

what did you sister do?

Block them, use a different name, and don't use a picture of yourself as a profile picture.

Just use a fake name. Or change your last name to your middle name/something else/your mom's maiden name.

If you go to the privacy settings, you can set it so that you can't be searched by people who are not friends with you or have mutual friends with you. Also change your settings so people who aren't your friends can't see your photos or wall in case they do see it somehow. You can also change your name. Also, make sure you don't have mutual friends with your parents so that you don't come up in their friend recommendations. You could also block them. If they somehow find it (which if you employ all of these things is virtually impossible) then just tell them that you stopped using it after your sister did whatever she did. If they can't see your wall/photos then they won't have any dates to prove you did use it.