Twitist Forums
Should I buddy my father on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Should I buddy my father on facebook? (/thread-33065.html)

Should I buddy my father on facebook? - Advil - 11-09-2012 06:25 PM

Ok my father just friend requested me on facebook. I mean he is my father and I love him and all but... I don't exactly want him in my social life in any way shape or form. It this reasonable or should I get over myself and buddy him. Also this may open a gateway to other family members buddying me. In fact I am sure of it.
O BTW i'm an adult so i'm not worried about getting in trouble. I'm just worried about feelings, right and wrong, vs privacy.

- Brianne - 11-09-2012 06:33 PM

I think you should add your dad, and just keep him blocked from some of your activities and whatnot. He'll suspect something is up if you deny his request.

- Imagine - 11-09-2012 06:33 PM

Put him on a limited profile; he will see only what you want him to see.

- Hello Kitteh - 11-09-2012 06:33 PM

You could accept him, and then put him on a whole lot of privacy settings! That`s what privacy settings are for...

I have made a friend 'list' called FAMILY which I have limited content available to. I put all my nosy and stupid family members there. LOL

- fuzzy - 11-09-2012 06:33 PM

limited profiles the best option

- SMOOKIE - 11-09-2012 06:33 PM

i wouldnt he probably wants 2 b nosey jus b real with him dad i love you but.......... i wouldnt want my parents 2 b my friends on fb.. they would try 2 post things on my wall ever min... being honest and truthful is the key no feelings hurt.. if u talk 2 them on the phone wats the point of havn them as ur friend on fb??