This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I buddy my father on facebook?
11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Should I buddy my father on facebook?
Ok my father just friend requested me on facebook. I mean he is my father and I love him and all but... I don't exactly want him in my social life in any way shape or form. It this reasonable or should I get over myself and buddy him. Also this may open a gateway to other family members buddying me. In fact I am sure of it.
O BTW i'm an adult so i'm not worried about getting in trouble. I'm just worried about feelings, right and wrong, vs privacy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:33 PM

I think you should add your dad, and just keep him blocked from some of your activities and whatnot. He'll suspect something is up if you deny his request.

Ads

Put him on a limited profile; he will see only what you want him to see.

You could accept him, and then put him on a whole lot of privacy settings! That`s what privacy settings are for...

I have made a friend 'list' called FAMILY which I have limited content available to. I put all my nosy and stupid family members there. LOL

limited profiles the best option

i wouldnt he probably wants 2 b nosey jus b real with him dad i love you but.......... i wouldnt want my parents 2 b my friends on fb.. they would try 2 post things on my wall ever min... being honest and truthful is the key no feelings hurt.. if u talk 2 them on the phone wats the point of havn them as ur friend on fb??