Twitist Forums
Is is OK for my wife to talk to her ex boyfriend from 20 years ago on the phone once a week.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Is is OK for my wife to talk to her ex boyfriend from 20 years ago on the phone once a week.? (/thread-33410.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is is OK for my wife to talk to her ex boyfriend from 20 years ago on the phone once a week.? - perennialtrims - 11-09-2012 06:37 PM

My wife hooked up with her Ex boyfriend on Facebook. They chat on the phone about once a week. This feels weird to me even though I totally trust her. She says they are just friends catching up on old times.

- ? - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

dont worry about it. just friends. 20 years is alot too. even if its just 2 years dont worry

- ~justhavefun~ - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

... i wouldnt think so....

- Sarah - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

i guess it is just a trust game .....if it was me i'd be a little suspicious other wise she would have no need to talk to him ....just talk to her i would recomend

- livelysail423 - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

Well here is a sure fire test to find out: Look up an ex of your own and see if your wife thinks its appropriate if not then perhaps she will realize that what she is doing is not ok either.

- ashley - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

You should DEFINITELY talk to her and share your thoughts about the subject.

I'm not saying that they have more than just a friendship; but my mom divorced my dad last year, after 19 years of marriage, because she hooked up with her ex boyfriend through fb. On the other hand, I'm still very good friends with every guy i've dated so far, and it means nothing beyond friendship.

As long as communication remains open, you don't have to worry; but I would make sure the communication is there. I'm very, very happy to hear that the trust is still there Smile

Good luck!

- The Brother - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

I would tell that dude to find another friend because this woman is my wife. Then I would tell my wife that if she wanted to remain my wife she can't be sitting around kickin' the bo bo with some other dude. Feck that! Thats exactly how the bullshyt starts. Then when you walk in on her and she has his dyck in her mouth you'll be wondering how that happened. Nip it in the bud or tell her to hit the road Jack!

- gingerbread - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

if they just caught up with each other (in the last couple of months) let them chat it up. It may just die down. You can always let her know that you feel uncomfortable with it. It is not a trust issue, so much as her getting close with another man. Ask her how she would feel if you chatted it up with an ex girlfriend from 10 yrs ago. (or right before you get married). Would she care? (yes she would)

- ANGELA s - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

yes. it was 20 years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw02DhS5eLk

- Maxy - 11-09-2012 06:45 PM

Its only ok if you are okay with it